Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Niggas is A Beautiful Thang Pt. 1

Disclaimer: The views expressed are the thoughts and opinions of Clyde Shelton alone. If you have differing views, want to elaborate a point, or just got some sh*t to say, feel free to leave a comment, hit me on Twitter (@ahitdogholla), or (if I have added you on FB) hit me up on there. This is in no means a concentrated attack on the entire black race. I pretty much have some type of animosity towards things that people of all races do. So if you find yourself reading this and you can think of people in another race that do the same thing, they I would consider niggers too.

Nigger. A word used oh-so-loosely in todays society. I have heard kids of all races, colors, creeds, and nationalities use this brutal word as the new hot colloquialism (term of endearment for the slow folks). Little white kids sayin, "what up my nigga?" Mexican kids sayin, "That nigga lives right down the street." Even the little middle-eastern kid on "The Hurt Locker" says, "What up my nigga" It gets tossed around so much it has lost meaning. I want to bring meaning back to the word. To me, the word nigger is used to describe a people that you feel are worthless and ignorant. I mean thats what the white folks meant by it when they used it on us black folks. So, with that being said, I shall use that term to do just that. In this series, I will point out random occurrences of NIGGERDOM that I come across in life. Race, Color, Creed, and Nationality mean nothin to me...so if you see some...just let me know so I can elaborate with another blog.

In this installment of "Niggas is a Beautiful Thang", I will discuss an ongoing problem in the "black" (as to discern from the other races of niggers) nigger community. As stated before, all black people are in no way niggers. There are great leaders and role models in the black community. Unfortunately, these are not the people that our children look up to. Black people with degrees, doctorates, good jobs, 401k's, retirement plans....we consider those uppity black folks that wanna be white and shun them. So who is left for our children to look up to?

This mentality has many stems. The one that I have the problem with for right now was a debate that a white anchor on ESPN brought up. He stated that the graduation rate for athletes in the NCAA had risen but that black athletes were proportionally graduating at a much lower percentage rate. Now, you have to applaud that our graduation rate went up as well, as one of the black anchors stated. But the comment from the next black man kinda left me wit the "WTF?" look on my face. He stated that the NBA carries more black athletes as does the NFL. Therefore, the black race is better skilled to go on to the next level and take advantage of that opportunity even if they are in their second year of college. So....basically.....you dont need to be in college like the white folks cuz you got more skill than them and you gonna go make your money...? Is that how we think?

This is why our people stay a step behind. Someone has to teach these kids that if you really want to be successful, you need an education. The man said he knew that sports was his way out in the area that he lived in. People need to learn that once you have found a way out...use it...make them pay for your full education. Then go to the league. It is my firm belief that people have lost sight of having goals because they are watching others achieve theirs. (yeah you can quote me on that...lol). If you are constantly watching people with money on TV and hearing about them and seein them on the internet, you never really realize what it takes to get money. And you dont know what it takes to sustain wealth. You need an education to figure these things out black people. Now, you may say some outta line stuff like, "there are plenty of very wealthy people that dropped out and still have money." Yeah...and they got their education from somewhere.... Unless you know people with money, how will you learn what to do with money? I mean cuz I love my mama...but if it comes down to holdin down a large amount of money with no debt, I know that I am gonna have to look elsewhere for the education. Anyway, I'm about to go off on a tangent of education so I'll just stop. \

Niggas is a Beautiful Thang because in their faults we figure out the right things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment